In the following data protection declaration, you as a user of our website will receive all necessary information about the extent to which and for what purpose your personal data is collected and used. Your personal data is processed strictly in accordance with the legal requirements of the European Data Protection Ordinance (DSGVO), the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (TMG). We are always particularly committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your personal data and to ensuring the security of data transmission at all times.
1. NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
The person responsible in the sense of the legal principles on data protection is:
DWK Life Sciences GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)9342-802 0
2. DEFINITION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data includes all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter: data subject). Identifiable is a natural person who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by assignment to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more special characteristics.
3. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The processing of your personal data includes any operations in this context such as, in particular, the collection, recording, organization, sorting, storage, adaptation or modification, reading, retrieval, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, reconciliation or linking, restriction, deletion or destruction of the data.
If the processing of the data is based on one of the legal bases of the DSGVO listed below, it is legal.
- If the data subject has given his/her consent to the processing of personal data concerning him/her for one or more specific purposes, Article 6(1)(a) DSGVO shall serve as the legal basis. The prerequisite for effective consent is that it is given on a voluntary, unambiguous and informed basis. In addition, the processing must be transparent, so that the data subject must give his/her consent in the specific case and with knowledge of the facts and the purpose of the processing.
- For the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Article 6(1)(b) DSGVO serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
- Insofar as the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Article 6 (1)(c) DSGVO serves as the legal basis.
- In the event that the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Article 6(1)(d) of the DSGVO serves as the legal basis.
- If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the former interest, Article 6(1)(f) DSGVO serves as the legal basis for processing. The legitimate interest of our company lies in the performance of our business activities.
4. DURATION OF STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
The data controller processes and stores personal data of the data subject only for the duration of the respective legal retention period or for as long as this is necessary to achieve the storage purpose. After expiry of the storage period or as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply, the data is routinely deleted or blocked.
It is possible at any time to object to the setting of cookies by changing the setting in the Internet browser accordingly. Set cookies can be deleted. Please note that if cookies are deactivated, not all functions of our website may be fully usable.
6. CREATION OF LOG FILES
DWK Life Sciences GmbH collects data and information every time the website is called up using an automated system. These are stored in the log files of the server.
The following data can be collected:
- Information about the browser type and version used
- The user's operating system
- The user's Internet service provider
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of access
- Websites from which the user's system accesses our website (referrer)
- Websites accessed by the user's system via our website
The processing of data serves to deliver the contents of our website, to guarantee the functionality of our information technology systems and to optimize our website. The data of the log files are always stored separately from other personal data of the users.
7. WAYS TO CONTACT US
The website of DWK Life Sciences GmbH contains contact forms that can be used for making electronic contact. Alternatively, you can contact us via the e-mail address provided. If the data subject contacts the data controller through one of these channels, the personal data transmitted by the data subject shall be stored automatically. This data is stored solely for the purpose of processing or contacting the person concerned. The data will not be passed on to third parties.
8. RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
If personal data are processed by you, you are a data subject within the meaning of the DSGVO and you have the following rights against the data controller:
8.1. Right to information
You can ask the data controller to confirm whether personal data concerning you will be processed by us. If such processing has taken place, you can request the following information from the data controller:
- the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- the categories of personal data processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been or are still being disclosed;
- the planned duration of the storage of the personal data concerning you or, if specific information on this is not possible, criteria for determining the storage period;
- the existence of a right to have your personal data concerning you corrected or deleted, a right to have processing restricted by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- any available information on the origin of the data if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling in accordance with Article 22(1) and (4) DSGVO and - at least in these cases - meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
You have the right to request information as to whether the personal data concerning you is transferred to a third country or to an international organization. In this context, you may request to be informed of the appropriate guarantees pursuant to Article 46 DSGVO in connection with the transmission.
8.2. Right to correction
You have a right of rectification and/or completion towards the data controller if the personal data processed concerning you are incorrect or incomplete. The data controller shall make the correction without delay.
8.3. Right to limitation of processing
Under the following conditions, you may request that the processing of personal data concerning you be restricted:
- if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period of time that enables the data controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- if the processing is unlawful and you refuse to delete the personal data and instead request that the use of the personal data be restricted;
- if the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you do need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) DSGVO and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the data controller outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such data may only be processed - apart from being stored - with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending rights or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or on grounds of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If the processing restriction has been restricted according to the above conditions, you will be informed by the person responsible before the restriction is lifted.
8.4. Right to cancellation
8.4.1. You may request the data controller to delete the personal data relating to you immediately, and the data controller is obliged to delete this data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent, on which the processing was based pursuant to Article 6(1)(a) or Article 9(2)(a) DSGVO, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You file an objection against the processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) DSGVO and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you file an objection against the processing pursuant to Article 21 (2) DSGVO.
- The personal data concerning you have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data concerning you is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the data controller is subject.
- The personal data concerning you have been collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Article 8 (1) DSGVO.
8.4.2. If the data controller has made the personal data concerning you public and is obliged to delete it pursuant to Article 17 (1) DSGVO, he shall take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform data processors who process the personal data that you as the data subject have requested the deletion of all links to this personal data or of copies or replications of this personal data.
8.4.3. The right to cancellation does not exist insofar as the processing is necessary
- to exercise freedom of expression and information;
- for the performance of a legal obligation required for processing under the law of the Union or of the Member States to which the data controller is subject or for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the data controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the field of public health pursuant to Article 9 (2)(h) and (i) and Article 9 (3) DSGVO;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89 (1) DSGVO, insofar as the right referred to in para. 1 is likely to make it impossible or seriously impair the attainment of the objectives of such processing, or
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
8.5. Right to contain information
If you have exercised your right to have the data controller correct, delete or limit the processing, he/she is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction on processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. The data controller shall have the right to be informed of such recipients.
8.6. Right to data transferability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to the data controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to pass this data on to another person in charge without obstruction by the person in charge to whom the personal data was provided, in case of
- processing is based on consent pursuant to Article 6 (1)(a) DSGVO or Article 9 (2) (a) DSGVO or on a contract pursuant to Article 6 (1)(b) DSGVO and
- processing is carried out using automated methods.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to request that the personal data concerning you be transferred directly from one data controller to another data controller, insofar as this is technically practicable. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this. The right to transferability shall not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the data controller.
8.7. Right of objection
You have the right to file an objection at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you under Article 6(1)(e) or (f) of the DSGVO; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
The data controller no longer processes the personal data concerning you, unless he can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If the personal data concerning you are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of the personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is associated with such direct marketing.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility to exercise your right of objection in connection with the use of Information Society services by means of automated procedures using technical specifications, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC.
8.8. Right to revoke the data protection declaration of consent
You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration of consent pursuant to Article 6 (1)(a) DSGVO at any time. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
8.9. Automated decision in individual cases including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing - including profiling - that has legal effect against you or significantly impairs you in a similar manner. This does not apply if the decision
- is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and the data controller,
- is admissible by law of the Union or of the Member States to which the data controller is subject and that law contains appropriate measures to safeguard your rights, freedoms and legitimate interests, or
- is made with your express consent.
However, these decisions may not be based on special categories of personal data pursuant to Article 9 (1) DSGVO, unless Article 9 (2)(a) or (g) applies and appropriate measures have been taken to protect your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests.
With regard to the cases referred to in a) and c), the data controller takes appropriate measures to protect your rights and freedoms as well as your legitimate interests, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person by the data controller, to state his own position and to challenge the decision.
8.10. Right of appeal to a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you are staying, working or suspected of infringing, if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the DSGVO.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Article 78 DSGVO.
9. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
9.1. Sales Partners
As far as this is necessary due to our local sales structure, we pass your contact data on to our locally responsible sales partners. They will use your contact data exclusively for processing your enquiries or for processing the respective contracts.
9.2. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics on our website with an IP anonymization function. In this case, Google will already reduce your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area and thereby make it anonymous. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of our site, to compile reports on website activity for us and to provide other services relating to website and Internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
We use browser plug-ins from the social network Facebook on our website. Facebook is a service of Facebook Inc. You can recognize the Facebook plugins by the Facebook logo on our page. When you visit our pages, the plugin establishes a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. Facebook receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Facebook logo while logged into your Facebook account, you can link the contents of our pages on your Facebook profile. This allows Facebook to associate the visit to our pages with your user account. We would like to point out that, as the provider of the pages, we have no knowledge of the content of the data transmitted or of their use by Facebook. You can find further information on this in the Facebook data protection declaration at: https://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php.
If you do not want Facebook to associate your visit to our pages with your Facebook account, please log out of your Facebook account.
This website uses the remarketing function "Custom Audiences" of Facebook Inc. ("Facebook"). This function is used to present interest-based advertisements ("Facebook Ads") to visitors to this website as part of their visit to the Facebook social network. For this purpose, the remarketing tag of Facebook was implemented on this website. This tag establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers when you visit the website. The Facebook server is notified that you have visited this website and Facebook assigns this information to your personal Facebook user account. For more information about Facebook's collection and use of this information, and about your rights and choices regarding your privacy, please see Facebook's Privacy Notice at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Alternatively, you can disable the remarketing feature "Custom Audiences" at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_=_. To do this, you must be logged in to Facebook.
We use browser plug-ins and links from the social network Twitter on our website. These are indicated in our Internet offers by logos or other references. Twitter is a service of Twitter Inc.
The main function of Twitter is the "Tweet function". If you use this via our website, there will be a link to your Twitter account. Data may be exchanged with other users and data may be transmitted to Twitter. We receive no knowledge of the content of the data sent to Twitter, nor are we informed of its use. Find out more about these questions at http://twitter.com/privacy. There you will find the detailed data protection statement of Twitter. Furthermore, the platform offers you the opportunity to design your own data protection settings at http://twitter.com/account/settings.
We use the "XING Share Button" on our website. This is indicated on our website by logos or other hints. XING is a service of XING SE.
10. Updating the website
We will update this data protection statement from time to time to protect your personal data. You should check this statement from time to time to keep up to date on how we protect your data and continually improve the content of our website. If we make material changes to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information you provide to us, we will notify you by posting a clear and highly visible notice on the website. By using the website, you agree to the terms of this privacy statement.